Mothers Day here always brings mixed emotions. I love being a Mum, revelling in being woken up with kisses and cuddles. Showered with homemade and school made gifts, mixed with little trinkets they have bought from the school Mothers Day stall……. Coffee cups, necklaces, pens and notepads have been among the delights so far, Bless them ! They are so excited as I open the presents….. hang as they open the presents for me… saying I can help Mum !!
However there is always a part of me, that misses my Mum and the Mothers Days we spent together….. and what it would’ve been like had she met her grandchildren etc.. In my heart I know she is with all four and me, but it is a day that I still battle focusing on the fun, rather than the sadness. Thank you Mum for everything.
As kids we used to get up early for the traditional toast and cuppa making, so Mum could have it in bed, and then we would go to my grandmothers to celebrate Mothers Day together. My Mum would get excited to receive the “art” we had made at school, and still had a lot of it when we cleaned out the garage years later !!
It is not exactly how I planned to start this blog post on Mothers Day tutorials but it gives you a little insight of the person I am…….. Here are some great tutorials to make something for your Mum for Mothers Day – it is not too late……. and HANDMADE IS ALWAYS FROM THE HEART…. <3
1. Kylie from Little Moo Designs…. has put out a great tissue cover pattern for free !! Such a gorgeous pattern for a stunning gift !
2. This one is also from Kylie at Little Moo Designs …… make a set of Oven Mitts and Hand Towel “The Kitchen Essentials Pack” ….. Always handy and a VERY quick sew !
3. Jane at Want it, Need it, Quilt it has a great pattern for a small bob bag…… This is a great little bag for your little odds and ends !
4. The Inspired Home….. a great blog for ideas ……. has a great tutorial for the kids using handprints and footprints on Canvas…. so simple, yet so effective !
5. And have a look at these gorgeous Felt Dahlia Brooches …… simply stunning !
I hope these tutorials have given you lots of ideas to spoil your Mum this Mothers Day….. Remember please to give her a hug and say “I Love you” …. you never know how long you have with each other … treasure every moment .